Search our Jobs
Purchasing & Logistics Manager - Manufacturing
- UB6 0AQ, Greenford, Greater London, England
Purchasing & Logistics Manager – Manufacturing
We have an excellent opportunity for experienced Purchasing & Logistics Manager to come join our client based in Greenford who work within the manufacturing industry. The successful candidate will be a commercial decision maker who is happy working both behind a desk and part of a factory environment. You will be the type of individual who will relish the prospect of making substantial and critical input towards the continued development and success of our client.
The position has four main areas of responsibility they are Purchasing, Product Development, Distribution / Logistics and Stock Management / Control. You will have a proven track record for negotiating with suppliers in order to achieve loyal supplier relationships without sacrificing the essential need for best price in order to remain competitive.
You will have a positive drive for continuous improvement, for example in product quality, packing, stocking or delivery systems. You will be keen to get involved in the nitty-gritty of daily processes and recognise the great beneficial effect of cumulative small improvements, as well as through larger projects.
Responsibilities / Skills required:
- Adept at running an efficient and motivated team
- Accomplished at stock management & control
- You will have good data and IT skills to help develop the use of digital software in our clients purchasing, stocking and distribution systems
- Enjoy working as part of a team and leading others by example, adept at delegating tasks successfully and communicating with and motivating other members of staff.
- You will be responsible for improving existing product lines as well as researching and developing new opportunities with respect to environmentally friendly and biodegradable products
- You will be responsible for organising the flow of goods in and out of the company and running a time critical picking process.
- You will set stock quantities to facilitate best price ordering and bulk sale opportunities and crucially to prevent stock outs
CV Screen is recruiting for a leading organisation who have a strong brand within their sector and offer great career prospects.
Who will suit the role?
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Product, Purchasing & Logistics Manager.
Salary / Benefits:
Basic salary in the region of £50,000 depending on experience.
Bonus opportunity of up to £10,000 for outstanding performance.
Additional benefits include Company Car, Contributory Pension and Private Medical Insurance.
Please send your CV to Mark Chaumeton of CV Screen in strict confidence, CV Screen is the Recruitment Agency managing this vacancy.
Purchasing & Logistics Manager
Based in Greenford